HUNGRY GIRL TIME!
One of my New Year’s Resolution’s was to try out Meatless Mondays. I have always been a meat and potato kind of girl, but I am trying to take small, simple steps to be healthier. And, I’m halfway through the year, and it’s been pretty fun!
Here is a new recipe that I tried for Vegetarian “Chicken” Salad. I of course combined a few things I thought I would like from all kinds of recipes:
- Chickpeas – washed and drained. I smashed about half of them in the bowl, and left the other half whole
- Mayo – light – I used about two tablespoons, but you have to eyeball it
- Dijon Mustard – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Cherries (I didn’t have any grapes – yikes- but this turned out to be a great substitute. Make sure you blot them, so your salad isn’t pink)
- 3 celery stalks – cut into small chunks
- 1 red apple – cut into small chunks
- Almonds – about 1/4 a cup
- Cilantro – cut up about 2 tablespoons!
- Apple Cider Vinegar – two splashes
I have to say I really outdid myself on this one. I decided to make it a little fancier by plating it on bibb lettuce leaves – so no extra carbs! My vegetarian friend, Jeri, even approved it. We tried them out for our Miss America watch party, and didn’t feel too guilty about our upcoming swimsuit season!