This Friday night, I had a little fiesta of my own. I invited 6 friends over, and let them vote on what they might want. Taco Night won! So, I went on pinterest and pinned a few ideas.
And here is what I chose to do for the night!
- Bowl of multi grain chips
Chips were in the bowl (still in the bag) out on the table as soon before I left for work, and then I bought pre-made salsa, but added some fresh cilantro to it before putting on the table. I also heated the queso in a small crock pot cooker, so it was nice and warm. (And, was gone in about 30 minutes!) All three were ready to eat on my living room table at 6:25, for my guests to show up at 6:30. They were all on time. Also, don’t forget to have app plates and napkins already out!
- Tacos- soft and hard shells
- I put them in the oven at 6:00 pm on warm
- Chicken – frozen, and had options of either pulled or grilled
- I added diced tomatoes, chicken broth, taco seasoning and ranch dressing
- Ground Turkey
- I cooked this at 5:45, with taco seasoning
- Cilantro Rice
- Black Beans
I borrowed my sister’s 3 pot crock pot! I can’t find hers, but just for an example. That way I could keep all my meat warm, but use the stove top for other cooking. I had 1/2 my mixture for the chicken already in the pot too, warming. The Cilantro rice was super easy. I cooked the 2 cups of rice by the directions with chicken broth, and then right before everyone got there, I added in the chopped cilantro. I also had the black beans and corn heated on the stove top.
- Shredded Cheese
- Green onions
- Red and yellow pepper
- Jalapeno pepper
I forgot the sour cream and a Siracha dressing that I wanted to have out. Everyone loved this, as they could add whatever they wanted to their tacos! The more, the merrier.
- Chopped Strawberries
- White Grape Juice
- One Can of Sprite
- Mint leaves
Yum. This was so refreshing. I let them add what the wanted – champagne, chardonnay or vodka. We ran out of champagne, but it was fun to try other things too.
Dessert – Brownies on a Skillet
- Brownies – that I made on Thursday night
- Ice Cream
- Condensed Milk
- Chocolate Syrup
I have these small cast iron skillets, and you just want to make sure these are pretty hot. I usually reheat the brownies, then add the condensed milk over it (should bubble), chocolate syrup and ice cream when you are ready to serve!
Couple of things I learned:
- You can always plan better and differently. But, you don’t know until you start experimenting.
- Chop alllllllll your veggies the night before. You just run out of time.
- Frozen chicken and ground turkey are super easy to use for this.
- Fresh meat will spoil after a few days in the fridge. Gross. And, waste of money …leading to a last minute dash to Walmart.
- Lay out and organize all your bowls, plates and spoons before anyone gets there. Once everyone arrives there’s no time! Especially for some who likes to talk as much as I do! I learned this from my sister!
- I wish I would’ve put labels on the bowls too. I had two left over, and couldn’t remember what they were for… so, we didn’t have sour cream or the Siracha sauce on the table.
- I wish I had thought to pull out my galvanized tub, and had the wine/ champagne/ vodka in the ice. It would have kept them cold and looked pretty.
- There is never enough ice. I’ve got to get better with that.
What a fun night. I’ve learned from this one, and am ready for more. Sorry, I was so busy talking I didn’t grab any pics!